About the Program
- Nurturing and small classroom environment
- Close interaction with and mentorship by faculty inside and outside of classrooms
- A diverse range of applied and research capstone projects
- Rich opportunities for faculty-student research
- Various undergraduate conference and programming contest opportunities, all 100% funded and sponsored by the department
- Engaging computer science club activities
- Opportunities to study abroad at universities around the world - not only is tuition the same as in Glenside, but you can take your scholarships with you
Arcadia University’s programs in Computer Science cover a wide spectrum of areas within the field of computing, including artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, cloud computing, mobile computing, networking, and theoretical computation. We offer both a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees in computer science. Our courses provide a solid foundation in the principles and practices of computing and prepare students for successful careers and ongoing graduate studies in computer science.
The Department and Office of Career Education prepare students to participate in internships in order to integrate their classroom work with real-world experience.
The Department encourages students to participate in research, both with our faculty and with REUs(Research Experiences for Undergraduates) at other institutions. We work closely with our students to provide guidance for their graduate school and REU applications.
Senior Capstone Project
A highlight of the curriculum is the Capstone course sequence. In it, students design and implement a real project for an actual client.
We offer two kinds of capstone experiences: an applied capstone that gives students real-world experience to work with an actual client, and a research capstone that allows students to investigate cutting-edge computer science topics.