About the Certificate
- Preparation for service in international careers and volunteer work
- Interdisciplinary studies in the humanities, social sciences and sciences
- Concentrations ranging from area studies to business to public health
At Arcadia University, we see the advantage of the Peace Corps Prep Program for students in all majors, many of which already incorporate global service learning into their required curricula. The Prep Program Certificate prepares students for international careers and volunteer work, providing a global perspective along with disciplinary focus on international fieldwork and exploration.
Students in the Peace Corps Prep certificate program engage in a wide range of learning experiences, including courses, research, and co- and extracurricular activities. The program is interdisciplinary and global, preparing students for future experiences in complex international settings. Students may use the credits earned to develop a minor in Education, Business, Public Health, International Studies, or Political Science.
Any student in any discipline is eligible to apply for the Peace Corps Prep certificate. Application for the certificate is made to the Division of Civic and Global Engagement.
Please see www.arcadia.edu/peacecorps for full application materials.
Students in the Peace Corps Prep certificate program will be advised by the Peace Corps Prep Program Coordinator.
Students will take:
- 4 semesters (or equivalent) of Modern Foreign Language;
- 2 courses (8 credits) in Area Studies/International/Cultural Studies;
- 3 courses (12 credits) in Peace Corps Sector Relevant upper-level coursework (300-level or higher).
Students will complete one the following:
- A semester or summer study abroad program or an equivalent to be approved by the Peace Corps Committee.
- 200 hours of Peace Corps Sector relevant volunteer experience or internship.
NOTE: Additional courses (including ones transferred from other institutions or overseas programs) may be presented to the Peace Corps Prep Program Coordinator for possible approval.