About the Program
Arcadia University in partnership with Drexel University provides academically qualified students two options for assured admission to the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law.
Accelerated Law Program Adviser: Honorable Christopher Cerski
Option #1: Accelerated BA/JD
This six-year (3+3) BA/JD option integrates undergraduate and graduate training. The accelerated degree option allows selected students to earn both a bachelor’s and juris doctor degree concurrently—thus eliminating one-year of undergraduate studies at Arcadia University. The student must meet the program’s specified academic and law school admission criteria.
Currently eligible accelerated undergraduate majors include: Business Administration, Communications, International Business, International Studies, Political Science, and Psychology.
Option #2: Assured Admission
This seven-year (4+3) BA/JD option provides selected students assured admission to Drexel University School of Law provided the student meets the program’s specified academic and law school admission criteria.
All students admitted into the BA/JD Accelerated & Assured Admission Program receive admission into Option #1: 3+3 Accelerated BA/JD. Students may switch from Option #1 Accelerated BA/JD to Option #2 Assured Admission at any time.
Prospective Student Minimum Requirements
Students seeking admission into the BA/JD Accelerated & Assured Admissions Program must possess the following:
- Minimum combined SAT score of 1330 (New SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing/Math) or 1870 (Old SAT Critical Reading/Math/Writing), or ACT score of 28.
- Minimum 3.5 Grade Point Average and graduation in the top 10 percent of high school class. (If the school ranks students.)
- Complete and submit the Arcadia University undergraduate application for admission by January 15th.
- Check the box indicating your interest in the 3+3 Prelaw BA/JD Accelerated/Assured Admission Program.
- The Pre-Law Advisory Committee will review your academic qualifications and notify you concerning your admission to the BA/JD Accelerated & Assured Admission Program.
Students completing the program shall:
- Complete all major and Undergraduate Curriculum requirements.
- Earn a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA after the first year of study.
- Earn a minimum of a 3.20 cumulative GPA after the second year of study.
- Earn a minimum of a 3.4 cumulative GPA at the end of the third year of study.
- Comply with all academic standards and expectations for student conduct established by Arcadia University.
Note: Arcadia students who do not meet these requirements or who are not admitted to the BA/JD Assured Admission Program as first-year students (freshmen) may apply to Drexel’s School of Law, if interested, through normal admission channels.
Assured Admission Criteria
Students seeking law school admission to the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law through the BA/JD Accelerated or Assured Admission Program shall:
- Complete all major and Undergraduate Curriculum requirements at Arcadia University.
- Complete a minimum of 96 credits before enrolling in courses at the School of Law.
- Earn a 3.4 cumulative undergraduate GPA as calculated by the Law School Admission Council’s Credential Assembly Service.
- Meet the character and fitness requirements of School of Law.
- Comply with all application, seat deposit, and other deadlines established by School of Law.
- Take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) no later than December of the third year of the program (3+3 accelerated students) or December of the fourth year of the program (4+3 assured admission students).
- Earn a LSAT score at least equal to the median LSAT score for Drexel’s 1L class in the year the student was admitted to Arcadia University.
Six-Year Accelerated (3+3) Option
Students completing the accelerated BA/JD option will complete all degree requirements in six years. In years one to three, students complete all Undergraduate Curriculum requirements and major requirements, including senior thesis/capstone project. In year four, students begin the Drexel University School of Law coursework. After successful completion of year four, students will receive their bachelor’s degree from Arcadia University. In years five and six, students complete their remaining law coursework as required by Drexel University School of Law.
Students completing the accelerated BA/JD program also have the option to complete all Arcadia degree requirements (128 credits minimum) within three years at Arcadia University. This accelerated bachelor’s degree allows the student assured admission to the Drexel University School of Law, but also allows students to apply to other law schools if the student chooses. In years four, five, and six, students complete the necessary juris doctorate degree requirements.
Seven-Year Assured Admission (4+3) Option
Students completing the 4+3 assured admission BA/JD option will complete all degree requirements in seven years. In years one to four, students complete all Undergraduate Curriculum requirements and major requirements, including senior thesis/capstone project. In year four, students will be granted assured admission to Drexel University School of Law provided the student satisfies the assured admission criteria specified above. Students may also apply to other law schools if the student chooses. In years five to seven, students complete the necessary juris doctorate degree requirements.
Students in the accelerated BA/JD are encouraged to study abroad while completing their degree requirements at Arcadia University. Students should work with their academic advisers to ensure they will meet all the requirements for the accelerated program.