About the Program
- Nurturing and small classroom environment
- Close interaction with and mentorship by faculty inside and outside of classrooms
- A diverse range of applied and research capstone projects
- Rich opportunities for faculty-student research
- Various undergraduate conference and programming contest opportunities, all 100% funded and sponsored by the department
- Engaging computer science club activities
- Opportunities to study abroad at some of the top universities around the world - not only is tuition the same as in Glenside, but you can take your scholarships with you
Arcadia University’s programs in Computer Science cover a wide spectrum of areas within the field of computing, including artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, cloud computing, mobile computing, networking, and theoretical computation. We offer both a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees in computer science. Our courses provide a solid foundation in the principles and practices of computing and prepare students for successful careers and ongoing graduate studies in computer science.
The Department encourages students to participate in internships in order to integrate their classroom work with real-world experience.
Senior Capstone Project
A highlight of the curriculum is the Capstone course sequence. In it, students design and implement a real project for an actual client. An alternate Capstone experience in research in computer science may be available to students with faculty approval.