About the B.A. in Computing Technology
- Preparation for careers in information technology
- Preparation for careers in website design
- Preparation for careers in network design and administration
- Technical option and Design option
- Senior Capstone project for a real client
- Opportunities to study abroad at some of the top universities around the world
The Bachelor of Arts in Computing Technology is designed for the student who is more interested in networking and in infrastructure support (the Technical option) or Web design and implementation (the Design option) than in programming.
Housed in the Computer Science and Mathematics Department, this program combines a strong foundation in computing with either information technology management or fine arts skills.
This program shares many courses, including Capstone, with other Computer Science degree programs, but offers a wider scope. Students may not major in both options in Computing Technology nor in both Computer Science and Computer Technology.
Internships: The Department encourages students to participate in internships in order to integrate their classroom work with real-world experience.
Senior Capstone Project: A highlight of the curriculum is the Capstone course sequence. In it, students design and implement a real project for an actual client. An alternate Capstone experience in research in computer science may be available to students with faculty approval.